ALCOHOL COMPLIANCE CHECKS CONDUCTED IN SOMERSET COUNTY
(Somerset County, MD) On Wednesday, November 25, 2015, Troopers from the Maryland State Police and Officers from the Princess Anne Police Department conducted a collaborative effort and performed numerous alcohol compliance checks at retail establishments in Somerset County.
Law enforcement officers throughout Somerset County ensured that various retail establishments which hold a Somerset County Liquor License are denying sales of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21 years old.
A total of 19 retail establishments were checked. The following retail establishments complied with the provisions of the law and denied the sale of alcoholic beverage to minors:
- Arby’s General Store, Wenona, Maryland
- Brew Thru, Crisfield, Maryland
- Big Willey’s, Crisfield, Maryland
- Caesar’s Pizza Palace, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Eden Quick Stop, Eden, Maryland
- Junior’s Stop and Shop, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Kash and Karry, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Lucky’s Last Chance, Chance, Maryland
- Oscar’s Bar and Grill, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Peaky’s Restaurant, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Goose Creek, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Somer’s Cove Market, Crisfield, Maryland
- Spike’s Pub and Subs, Crisfield, Maryland
- Dash Inn, Westover, Maryland
- Goose Creek, Westover, Maryland
The following retail establishments were not in compliance with the provisions of the law and sold alcoholic beverages to a minor:
- Somerset County Liquor Dispensary, Princess Anne, Maryland
- Crisfield Oceanic, Crisfield, Maryland
- Shore Stop, Crisfield, Maryland
- King’s Creek Market, Princess Anne, Maryland
In an effort to keep our teenagers safe during this upcoming holiday season, Troopers and Officers will continue with unannounced compliance checks to ensure that alcoholic beverages stay out of the hands of minors. Historically, the holiday season sees an increase in alcohol related collisions; many of these collisions involve serious bodily injury. This collaborative effort between law enforcement partners will continue throughout the holiday season.
Support for this program is provided by the Somerset County Local Management Board, Inc.