Friday, June 27, 2014

Andy Harris, M.D. MEMBER OF CONGRESS



Hope your summer is off to a great start! I also hope you’ll pencil in the following event on your busy calendar. My office will host a Weather-Emergency Preparedness Event at Stephen Decatur Middle School in Berlin, Md., on Monday, July 14. The event will be held from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), the Lower Shore counties, the Red Cross, and Delmarva Power will be on hand to provide information and to answer questions about preparation for and recovery after a severe weather-related event, including floods and coastal storm surges from tropical storms and hurricanes.
The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, with the peak occurring between mid-August and late October. Most of Maryland’s First District is on the coast, and I want its residents to be fully prepared for the damage that can come from heavy rains and wind, or, God forbid, a hurricane.
If you would like to RSVP for the event, please click here or contact my Salisbury District Office at 443-944-8624.
Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, LIKE my Facebook page and subscribe to my e-newsletter to stay updated on what I’m doing in Washington. You can also follow me on Twitter @RepAndyHarrisMD.
It is an honor to serve you in Congress!

Sincerely,

Andy Harris, M.D.
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

No comments: