Wednesday, February 12, 2014

“Delegate McDermott Awarded for Being Business Friendly”


February 12, 2014

I’m trying vigorously to make this state a more business friendly environment,” ~ Delegate Mike McDermott

ANNAPOLIS – During the past two legislative sessions, Delegate Michael McDermott was one of the few lawmakers in Annapolis to receive a business friendly score higher than 90% from the Maryland Business for Responsive Government. This February, Delegate McDermott received the John Shaw Award from the non-partisan group Maryland Businesses for Responsive Government (MBRG) in recognition of his business friendly agenda.

 I’m extremely grateful for this award, and I’m thankful to be put in this position to try and strengthen the business climate in Maryland,” Delegate McDermott said. “I’m appreciative to be recognized for something I believe in so strongly.”
 
Of the four other representatives of the Lower Eastern Shore, only one, Delegate Charles Otto, received a rating of more than 90%. Senator James Mathias received the lowest score of the five Lower Eastern Shore representatives at 54%. Delegate Norman Conway was slightly better than Mathias at 56%. Meanwhile, Senator Richard Colburn received an 84% and Delegate Otto received a 93%.
 
I’m trying vigorously to make this state a more business friendly environment,” Delegate McDermott said. “I’m thankful to receive this award in recognition for my undeterred efforts in support of Maryland businesses.”

No comments: