Friday, January 31, 2014

Local Restaurant Has Closed Its Doors...Thanks For The Memories...

Most of us have  been there at some point in our adult lives.  We have dined there, had a few drinks there with friends, made new friends, danced, laughed, sang karaoke  and many of us have even booked our wedding receptions, meetings there.  Through the years we've seen owners come and go, each time adding something different and exciting to keep the crowd coming back. Even in the most recent days the "Deck" was well known for the performances of local live bands and  DJ's.

The Upper Deck Seafood Restaurant and Lounge  has been a "constant" in the lives of so many through the years.  And even if we no longer stop by for a drink or dinner it is always satisfying to know the "Deck" was still there.  Most of us can recall those who worked there once upon a time... David Lee, Martha, Esther...just to name a few.  And of course we can never forget the valuable daytime waitress Nancy!  They- along with the others whose names I have forgotten right now- gave all they had to ensure the diners and drinkers had a pleasant visit. 

I am saddened myself to hear the news and don't know where to go for the BEST cornbread you can ever eat!

This is the notice that was on The Upper Deck Restaurant and Lounge facebook page this morning....

It is with deep regret and personal sorrow that I must inform all of The Upper Deck Seafood Restaurant & Lounge faithful that this longtime icon of Pocomoke city is closed for good. Toni and I have many personal matters to attend to that will require much more or our time than we have to give, so something had to give in our lives. We deeply appreciate all the public support since we purchased the restaurant in 2006.

  If anyone knows of a potential buyer, send them to Jeromy Mason at Hall realty.

My very best to all of you... thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The memories I have are embedded in my heart, having worked there for 21 years, the stories I could share, the people I was honored to serve,the many friends I made, the kids that I had work under me, who became my children, the laughter shared and the list goes on and on. A piece of Pocomoke history for sure, it was like the tv show Cheers, where everyone knew your name.