Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Going, Going, GONE ! PHOTOS

Building demolition is  underway at the corner of Willow and Clarke Avenue in Pocomoke City.
 
 
Originally known as The Parker House
Photo/ A. H. Hicks/City of Pocomoke
Obviously this historic building has seen better days.  Once known (before my time) as The Parker House then in later years became Peacock's Hotel.   I remember Peacock's Hotel and if my memory is correct the building was pink......  maybe?


The Parker House
 
 I have been told many times that the best muskrat dinners could be eaten at Peacocks' Hotel.  My own father once ate a chicken and dumpling dinner at Peacock's and told my Mother the meal was the best chicken and dumpling dinner he had ever eaten!  (That's all I'm going to say on that subject except she wasn't very happy)

And in recent years- as most will remember the building became Lawson's Bar and from that point on "the rest is history"......

This is the condition of the building as of August 2012. 

Photo BW

Photo BW


Please avoid the area if at all possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its unfortunate that such a historic building was allowed into such a state of disrepair...