Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pocomoke City Police Dept. Dedication and Ribbon Cutting /2

Dedication and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Pocomoke City Police Department

Friday June 22, 2012

A banner was on display from Lighthouse Counseling welcoming the Pocomoke City Police Department to their new location of 1500 Market Street




Tom Beauchamp- owner of Beauchamp Construction with daughter.
Beauchamp Construction handled the rennovations on the building.


Pocomoke City Police Chief Kelvin D. Sewell and his wife Rhonda. It was so wonderful to finally meet her. I knew there had to be a strong woman behind that smile Chief Sewell almost always wears. Maybe she should write a book. Being the wife of a Baltimore City Homicide Detective could not have been an easy task. I just can't help but wonder about her long dark nights. How many times did she have to appear brave, keep a smile, bite her tongue and hold back tears sitting at home while waiting for her husband to finish a case to the point he could return home. How many times were important family matters put on hold? How many sleepless night.


On the Dedication page of "Why Do We Kill" Chief Sewell writes that his wife Rhonda once stated "The Police Department took my husband away from me years ago."


Here's hoping that now with your husband being Chief of the Police Department in Pocomoke City you have gotten back your husband. Oh, there's still crime, his responsibilities are there. But being in Pocomoke has to make all the difference in the world.....for all of you. My very best to all of you.

Many thanks to Chief Sewell, Angel and everyone associated with the Pocomoke City Police Department. I appreciate everything minute of your time you have given to me and you will never know exactly how proud I am of all of you. If there are days when you think those around you are not grateful for everything you do remember always that I do. You kindness, your smiles will never be forgotten and I hold all of you dear in my heart. Please stay safe.

Thank you to those great people at Pocomoke City Hall for your words of appreciation. Pocomoke now has the best police department it has ever had with a new headquarters to be proud of for many years.


Councilman Malloy, thank so much for leading the way and making it possible for me to carry out my mission of keeping everyone informed mostly through photos. This is Mission Accomplished!


And a very special thanks to my wonderful husband. I love you. And remember: YOU bought me the book....and you bought me the camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job by everyone involved! I just love the photo of the blue chair with the single handcuff hanging down. Something slightly poignant about it.

Your friend,
Slim

Anonymous said...

Finally the pocomoke police department and officers are being ran by a competent chief. Sewell not only know the job of chief of police he is also out there working side by side with his officers on the streets. You can't ask for a better chief than that.

jmmb said...

Thank you for commenting that you noticed the changes.