Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The New Pocomoke Restaurant - almost

Pocomoke City Restaurant


Pocomoke City, Maryland


May 31, 2012



I've lost count on which week we are on but I do remember I began taking photos in December 2011. The thought of this restaurant becoming a reality never seemed to phase me until about 2 weeks ago. Now, with every visit I get a little more nervous and anxious and find myself wanting to turn my camera over to the Councilman so I can pick up a broom.... just trying to tidy up hoping it would speed the process.



Doesn't work that way. But I can tell all of you that every visit now brings on bigger and better changes......and it won't be long now before something is being cooked in the kitchen and customers are seated either inside or out.


The walk in freezer has been installed and the kitchen has had the insulation tucked away, vents and all those odd looking things that I've seen hanging from the ceiling have all been put into their proper places and ceiled away with ceiling tiles. The kitchen walls have been finished.


Ceiling fans add a wonderful touch to the restaurant. Honestly you just can't imagine the beauty of the restaurant itself added to the beauty of the fact that it sits at the side of the Pocomoke River. Carpeting at one end of the restaurant and woodgrained flooring at the other. Some more hard workers and those who get the headaches from it all.......It has taken so many hands to bring this restaurant from an idea to a reality for Pocomoke City. Regardless of what the task was in the construction of the reastaurant each person played an important part in its beauty.
Kevin Sewell is a city employee as well. I have never seen this young man when he didn't have a smile on his face. (I'm sure he'd rather be on the dock with a fishing rod in his hand).


Supervisor of City Department Bill East and Pocomoke City Manager Russ Blake checking on the progress of the restaurant while the two young men below take a break from landscaping. Photos will never be able to actually show just what a masterpiece all of this area has become.

We simply can't forget that while history was being made for the restaurant in downtown Pocomoke the Skipjack Ida May was also making history also and was docked just outside the restaurant for a few days. This really gave the feeling (to those that didn't know) the restaurant must be open for business.
I leave you with these photos until the next time......



But I assure you it won't be long now..........




















No comments: