Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Restaurant Completion Is Getting Closer......

The New Restaurant
 Thursday  May 10, 2012
Pocomoke City, Maryland


Finally the day I had been waiting for arrived.  All the windows  on the restaurant can now be seen as you enter Pocomoke City from the downtown drawbridge.  It's just so hard to believe that in December when I took my first photos of this spot along the Pocomoke River  there was nothing but dirt and barricades.

  On Monday May 7 the Pocomoke City Council voted to authorize Mayor Bruce Morrison to sign a 5 year lease  of the waterfront restaurant with owners of  (SMMR Inc.)  Back Street Grill in Salisbury, Md.  Plans are to have the restaurant open mid to late June.


Last window to be installed and recently uncovered.  This window will make service  onto  the deck alot easier and so much faster.


Kitchen area


A team of two brothers were working hard in the restroom area when I was there.  The other brother said "no"  to a photo and that's okay. 




The bar is in the process of being set up and is located just inside the rear entrance or from the waterfront entrance.   

Won't be much longer before riverfront dining will be in Pocomoke!  I can't wait.

More on the restaurants progress soon............ In the meantime be sure to take a look at all the accomplishments being made downtown.  And for those of you that say it isn't, I say downtown Pocomoke IS alive! 

And the next time I'm downtown I'm going to have one of those yummy cupcakes from Coles Cakes! 

 As always, a big thank you to Councilman Malloy for making it possible for me to take these photos.    A special thank you to my husband who understands my enthusiasm in documenting changes in Pocomoke City through pictures  and who always provides me with nice cameras. 

That's all for now.


No comments: