Friday, April 6, 2012

Photos Of Downtown Pocomoke City

Cypress Park
Pocomoke City, Maryland


I had some free time yesterday to spend in Cypress Park.  I have taken so many photographs of the flag that we are on first name basis now along with the one seagull that always seems to be flying around the area most times when I am there.

This is the one place that I adore in my old hometown and for a few moments I was remembering the days I spent with my children here as they were growing up.  My son learned to fish in Cypress Park.  We had picnics there and celebrated many birthdays.  It was from that bridge (this is the newer bridge) that he found a toad one day and I never knew it until the next day when I put my hand into his dirty blue jeans and found the poor thing.  (Those of you that know me are aware of my huge fear of toads/frogs).

But I would do it all over again.
Take the time now to make your own memories  Cypress Park. 

 The skate boarding area  was being used and parents with small children were making good use of that tot lot.   Lots of laughter and I'll just bet there were some pretty exhausted children ready for bed last night.

Then on to Market Street downtown.  Those talented students from Pocomoke High have been busy once again.  The colorful Christmas window paintings are gone and have been turned into signs of Spring and Summer. 







Don't miss this incredible work of are painted by these young adults.
Visit downtown Pocomoke.  There's much to see and great shopping! 

No comments: