Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Restaurant Progress-- Moving Right Along....

The photos I posted the last time showed the restaurant in downtown Pocomoke City all wrapped in Tyvek and just sitting there beside the Pocomoke River in the  cold winter weather in Pocomoke City.
But the action now is on the inside!!!



I had imagined that at some point in time my bi-weekly trips to the growing restaurant would end  but they didn't!  Councilman Malloy made it possible for me to venture in to take photos.....after all he recognizes that this is my project, it means alot to me and after all...... it's his district!


We went in through the back of the restaurant oesn't look like much has been done (to me).  'm sure there has...Wiring is being run, kitchen seems to be making progress....
And there are windows, windows, windows!!!  I like the thought of looking out towards the river from inside.

The restaurant has been designed so that there are decks at both ends.

When completed this restaurant will be an asset to downtown Pocomoke City.  From what I am hearing contruction is ahead of schedule.  The city is still accepting proposals from interested and qualified restaurateurs and will be until January 31, 2012.  So if you are interested you don't have much time.


When completed the restaurant will seat at least 140 guests with the decks to hold an additional 40.  The city plans to have the restaurant in operaton by June 2012.   Information on the qualifications for being the restaurant operation go HERE  or www.cityofpocomoke.com

Hmmm.... I wonder how they will select a name for it.

I'd like to thank the two gentlemen working inside the restaurant, for allowing me to take pictures.  Sorry I didn't get back to help sweep up.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pics!

Anonymous said...

I think I would call the new restaurant The Promenade on The Pocomoke River.
Landscaping would absolutely have to consist of massive amounts of Pocomoke Crape Myrtles.

Anonymous said...

Terrific work! This is the type of information that are meant to be shared across the net. Disgrace on the {seek engines|Google} for no longer positioning this publish upper! Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thank you =)
GE Refrigerator Door Gasket Seal WR24X390