Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beautiful Fall Sky

I was headed home a couple of nights ago and I noticed that the moon was full and the sky was full of abnormally high clouds. The night was fairly cloudy with the full moon only peeking through the high flying clouds every so often, but when it did it was a beautiful sight to behold.

I got out my camera (phone) and snapped a few pictures because I have never remembered the nighttime Heavens looking quite like it did that night. As the clouds passed in front of and below the full moon the reflection produced many bright, brilliant colors that sadly the camera didn't reproduce in the pictures. Either way the pictures are still beautiful and worth sharing so here ya go, enjoy.  BTW: the 'dot' to the right of the moon in pictures 3 and 4 was highly visible with the naked eye and is a very bright star or a planet.

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE









1 comment:

jmmb said...

Those are wonderful! I expected to see a witch fly across the sky on her broom. (I should have had my broom out for a spin that night)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!