Friday, May 20, 2011

Pirate Party! CASA Event at the Sunset Grille

If you are in the Ocean City area this evening stop by and bail out Beau so he doesn't have to walk the plank!

Good Luck, Beau !!


Dear Friends,
I am writing to ask for your help. This Friday night I will be helping to raise money for a very important cause. The Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) 3rd Annual Pirate Party is being held at Sunset Grille from 5:00-9:00pm. I will be held captive on "the brig" after 7:00 pm. If I don't raise enough bail money, I'll be forced to walk the plank! Please join us for a great night at Sunset Grille and stop by the brig to help bail me out! If you can't make it Friday night, but would still like to donate, let me know and I can fill out a "bond" form for you!

Every day in Maryland, 22 children are abused or neglected. In our State alone, there are over 10,000 children caught up in the court and child welfare maze because they are unable to live safely at home. In an overburdened social welfare system, abused and neglected children often slip through the cracks. Appointed by judges, CASA volunteers typically handle just one case at a time—and commit to staying on that case until the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. While others may come and go, CASA volunteers provide that one constant that children need in order to thrive. The goal is simple – to speak up for every child’s right to a safe, permanent home.

Please join us Friday night to help this worthy cause!

Yours truly,
Beau

No comments: