Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Senate Kills Bill Regarding Civil Immunity To Citizens Who Kill Intruders

A Senate subcommittee has killed a bill to allow individuals who feel they are in danger to use deadly force against intruders.

Botetourt Republican Del. William Cleaveland's bill would have provided civil immunity to residents who kill intruders. The Senate Courts of Justice Committee voted 12-3 Monday to kill the bill.

The House passed it 75-23 last week.

Democratic Sen. Roscoe Reynolds of Henry County said the bill was not necessary because supporters have not been able to provide evidence that anyone has ever been indicted or sued because they used such force against an intruder.

www.shoredaily.news.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

civil immunity or not, some one comes in my home, they are an intruder and will be treated as such.

jmmb said...

I have to agree with you. It wouldn't be a happy sight at all in my home because I'll see to it!

The Public Eye said...

sorry but if they break into my home at night they will be found there in the morning. I WILL protect my family and property with deadly force. The judge will hear only one side of the story....MINE

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! PUBLIC EYE....RIGHT ON!!!