Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today At The Polls


Tells us about your day at the polls.

I voted late in the day, I got there around 7:30pm and I had to wait a couple of minuets because the verification table was full of people. When I was moved to the verification table I was asked my name, last name first, my address, which I gave them my PO box but they did at least ask for my physical address.

But.... and to me this is a BIG "BUT"; ... I had my I.D. (license) out and ready (and here's the "BUT") but they didn't ask for any I.D., notta, zip, zero, I was asked for nothing to prove I was who I said I was.


I could have been anyone, a dead person, a person from anywhere in the world, I could have given them any name and address I wanted too and I wouldn't have had to prove it. With that I ask. Why doesn't one need to show I.D. to prove they are who they say they are at the polls?


As I was waiting for a voting machine to become vacant I was talking to a volunteer asking if it had been this busy all day and he told me that it had not slowed down all day and that it was a little light at the time I was there but it had been very busy all day long. Way to go Pocomoke, y'all did your part by taking the time out of your busy schedule to go out and VOTE!

Now I must apologize for not having pictures of the many people at the polls but unlike some blogs/bloggers I believe that voting is a private matter, not only to whom you vote for but I believe it's a private matter and frankly no ones business whether you even voted or not.

So that's my day at the polls, tell us yours while I go put together the next article about Obama going to India on vacation and spending 200 million per day

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never had to show ID to vote. I think you only do if one of the poll challengers questions your identity or something like that.
I had to give my birthdate yesterday along with name and address. I'm surprised they didn't challenge me as I look so much younger than I really am-LOL.