Thursday, December 10, 2009

911 called as woman shoots intruder

You hear woman's pleas for help as she holds gun


We'd like to warn you that some may find this next story disturbing.

A 911 call captured a deadly chain of events in the Midwest.

A woman was forced to take drastic action when a deranged man tried to break into her home.

This is the 911 call Donna Jackson made after midnight as this man, Billy Riley, tried to break into her rural Oklahoma home.

"They need to hurry, he's going to break this thing open. When he does I'll kill him and I don't want to have to kill him," screamed Jackson.

As 57-year-old Jackson tried to remain calm. On the other line, a team of dispatchers were sending help.

"She pleaded and begged you, she said I don't want to shoot him, I don't," said the dispatcher.

911 call dispatcher, "Can you understand what he's saying at all?" Jackson replied, "Well, he's crazy."

For nearly ten minutes, Billy Riley continued banging at the door, screaming profanities and threatening the women.

"I could hear him banging the doors, yelling at her, and I was scared for her," explained the dispatcher.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the intruder smash the windows - first with a chair and then with a patio table.

Jackson shouts, "Hurry, dear God hurry. I haven't shot yet. Hurry!"

911 call dispatcher responds, "...oh my God."

That's when the gunshot was fired, killing Riley instantly.

Jackson sobbed, "I shot him, I'm going out front. I killed him. God help me. Please dear God. I think I've killed him, please father in heaven. Oh my God."

"For me, listening to the call, the hardest part was hearing her pray for forgiveness, being put in a position that no one should ever have to be put into. Taking action into your own hands," said the dispatcher.

News 4 learned late this afternoon that Donna Jackson will not be charged over the incident.

VIA

No comments: