Friday, June 12, 2009

Looking for more fun on the shore?

This just sent in by a reader that participates in bogging. It's a very enjoyable event, in fact i used to build the BIG trucks when we had bogs here going crazy all over the place. What man doesn't like to play in the mud? Especially with lots of noise and horsepower?

I am sending you some news about a local event that does not get alot of publicity.

This is the website you can go to for just about all the info anyone needs.
www.gumboromudbog.com. Since the mudbog is supposed to be in Pocomoke this summer maybe more local people need to know about it.

Fun for the whole family. No alcohol. Plenty of seats but people do bring their own lawn chairs. Usually it is crowded so get there early. Refreshment stand with hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, etc. Even icecream!


If you have never been to a mudbog it is quite amusing at times. My husband races and so do some of his friends. I am sending a pic of his mud truck.


Sorry this is late but I just thought about it. Everyone else is busy with the Cypress.

Check out the website and see what you think.








Thanks to jmmb

6 comments:

The Public Eye said...

that's a nice truck, tell us about it.

Anonymous said...

I will tell you as it has always been told to me:
383 cu.inch transmission, 456 gears with lockers, Dana 44 front,GM 14 bolt rear and 205 transfer case. It is a 1985 Chey pickup. Motor work was done by 187 East Performance (Donald Bowden) AND the headwork was done by Indiantown Performance of Vienna.

The painting my husband did himself and any of the "modifications" on the truck itself.

But one note: You don't need to spend alot of money on a vehicle to participate! All you need is a helmet, valid drivers license,
an insured vehicle. and maybe a few things I have forgotten. Quite a few times someone will drive their truck through the mud and drive it home. Quite amusing.

jmmb

The Public Eye said...

very nice, keep an eye open for a lift kit and some wheels and tires for my old truck and I might join y'all sometimes to see if my old ford will pull.

I'm a die hard chevy guy but I have a ford, well it's really an international 7.3 diesel

Anonymous said...

Will do! Will send you some pics of some muddy trucks tomorrow!


jmmb

The Public Eye said...

looking foward to it

The Public Eye said...

jmmb, if you ever need advise or a hand on the truck I'd love to help.
I have an extensive background in engine building and especially hi-performance engines.
I had a car that was in car-craft magazine and many other race/street cars.

I also had hands in building trucks when it was popular here.

lots of little tricks make a big difference.

again, I'd enjoy it so don't be afraid to ask.