Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cable Boxes

Did you know that even though you may have the latest greatest TV set that it still will not receive ALL the cable channels? I didn't either.
I just spent my day connecting and programming cable boxes and remotes.
We get many more channels with the box than the latest greatest TV will receive. The cable companies are not making this info public, The first 2 boxes were free, the additional 2 boxes we needed cost 5 dollars per month.
General cable splitters will not work, you need satellite or digital splitters, (from radio shack) if you have a long run of cable (25 or more feet) you will also need a amplifier and it must be for digital signal or satellite, if you do not have these items it will drive you crazy trying to figure out why your box is not working. Now these are not the converter boxes, they are cable boxes and they hold the key to the extra channels on your basic cable service. After you install the boxes that you must drive to Salisbury to acquire then you have to call the cable company and activate each and every box.
Hope this info helps, I wish I had this info before pulling out my hair wondering why the boxes would not work after I installed them. The boxes need a strong signal and the proper splitters, the old cheap splitters will not work if you have a long run of cable.

No comments: